The premises comprise a ground floor and basement lock-up shop. The premises could be suitable for a variety of retail or office uses.
Ground Floor Shop334 sq. ft. approx.
Basement436 sq. ft. approx.
Total770 sq. ft (71.54 sq. m) approx.
•Male and Female Ground Floor WC accommodation
•Basement with small external area and natural light
Ground Floor and Basement Former Commercial Property
Recently Converted into Residential Maisonette including Reception Room and Cinema Room
For Sale with Share of Freehold
1035 sq ft/96 sq m
The premises comprise a former ground floor shop with an ornamental frontage and a substantial basement which have recently been converted to a two storey residential maisonette. The maisonette above has been sold on a long lease and a sale would include a share of the freehold of the entire property.
The premises currently comprise a ground floor, lock-up shop and basement with A1/E(retail) Use and with an attractive frontage, good natural light and very good ceiling height. The premises have traded as Portobello Music’ for many years.
The property dates back to the early 1800’s and was almost certainly one of the first buildings in this north end of the Portobello Road. In the early 17th Century this area was yet to be developed and so the property remained incomplete and came to be knows as ‘The Folly’. The Hammersmith and City railway was to change all of that dramatically and beyond 1864 a further phase of construction led to the formation of the Mews as stabling, coach house and grooms’ quarters. What we see today in this enchanting private mews is a lively mixture of residential apartments and commercial suites.
The current owners acquired the mews many decades ago in a dilapidated state. The ongoing and sympathetic restoration has been understated , enhancing the charismatic appeal of this hidden treasure. There is vehicular access for a small car and although it sits behind enigmatic gates in the most well-known market in the world, the occupants enjoy uniquely the calm hush of their own private courtyard.
The property is situated in a purpose-built, gated complex of 8 Studio units built in the 1980’s around a central, cobbled courtyard. The property is located in the rear, left hand corner of the ground floor, having an entrance from the internal courtyard.